To be a key technical member of a cross functional business team that focuses on evaluating and modelling energy storage opportunities for our clients, and support in the deployment of projects across Europe.
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
- Evaluate integration context for battery systems (electrical, mechanical, permitting) and make integration recommendations
- Support the Business Case model for hybrid and sole Energy Storage utility projects and self-consumption industrial & commercial projects
- Evaluate and understand new revenue streams for batteries within different markets, mainly UK and Iberia today, but expanding.
- Act as the technical point of contact both internally and externally with customers for BESS systems
- Work with external counterparties such as system suppliers, integrators and trading platforms
- Develop technical or process documentation in support of project evaluation and developments
- Support our clients with the integration and development process, both on site and remotely
- Understand, define, and disseminate functional requirements from the market, coordinating with internal business team members
This is multi-faceted role where strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals – mechanical, electrical, and thermal – is expected. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
· Top-tier academic background in engineering, preferably electrical engineering (power system background a plus)
· Experience with utility scale / Commercial scale Battery applications. Knowledge on the different storage technologies and battery chemistries
· Demonstrated application of analysis, design and testing to solve complex engineering problems
· Experience with grid connections (renewable generation plants preferred), local/regional/national permitting regulations. UK and Iberia.
· Experience in commercial settings preferable
· Engineering or relevant qualifications
· 4+ years work experience in BESS systems
· Ability to prioritise and execute many tasks in parallel
· Professional fluency in English and Spanish
· Knowledge of Battery Systems, Power Conversion, and grid systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email.
- Must be able to function equally well in collaborative, multi-discipline teams, and self-directed independent assignments.
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.