To be a key technical member of a cross functional business team that focuses on PV consultancy services to support our clients in the development, optimization, procurement processes, execution and grid connection of PV projects .
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
LOCATION: Flexible with preference for Barcelona or Madrid area
- Perform internal due diligence from a technical perspective of the PV projects and analysis of permits and grid connection.
- Support in the process of negotiating acquisition of projects.
- Be in charge of the project technical optimization based on yield increase and CAPEX/OPEX reduction
- Improvement of the design of the plant based on the use of leading technological innovations, in coordination with parties involved in design and processing.
- Manage the development of the technical projects, environmental studies and other documentation required by the administration in coordination with external companies.
- Communication with the relevant administrations, the grid operator and/or other parties involved, providing reports and updates on a regular basis
- Management of the Grid connection processes with DNO/TSO
- Management of the different studies (Topographical, Geotechnical…) required for the PV plant execution.
- Management of EPC documentation and Annexes.
- Manage RFQ process for EPC and equipment supply plus management of EPC company and suppliers
- Definition of end-to-end quality control processes
- Monitor and control of the works execution, planning and the technical and quality specifications of PV projects.
- Management of the administrative process for the commissioning and legalization of the PV plant and the registration for operation in the electricity market.
- Support in preparation of commercial offers to clients.
- Coordinating the activities and communicating directly with One Solar customers
- Preparation of all type of technical reports
· Academic background in engineering, preferably electrical engineering / energy systems engineering
· Experience with Utility scale PV plant design and project management, system design, applications engineering or related fields.
· Must have broad experience with multiple solar energy projects, and specific experience with all major electrical equipment in a solar power plant.
· Experience with procurement procedures and processes from a technical side.
· Experience with plant development processes and documentation from a technical side.
· Experience with EPC contracting process and documentation associated.
· Demonstrated application of analysis, design and testing to solve complex engineering problems
· Design & engineering knowledge of MV and HV systems & networks,
· Good understanding of the connection process for DNO/TSO connecting plants including commissioning activities
· Detailed knowledge of the new Grid code and what this implies in the engineering of a power plant.
· Engineering or relevant qualifications
· 4+ years work experience as PV engineer
· Proven track record in engineering of utility scale projects; references must be provided showing the project names, locations, and capacities
- Ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel
- Professional fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email.
- Must be able to function equally well in collaborative, multi-discipline teams, and self-directed independent assignments.
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.